Treat your body to the best herbs ancient tradition has to offer, plus a daily dose of diverse probiotics, in effortless capsule form. The potent, quality herbs in this probiotic are deserving of a supplement of their own, but Dr. Axe has formulated them intentionally alongside probiotics to make them the best they can be. This groundbreaking formulation combines the most sought-after herbs traditionally used in Ayurveda with diverse probiotic strains, designed to support your gut and body in a way that's never been done before.
Quality:• Time-Release Capsules: These capsules are created with time-release technology, which means the contents dissolve slower and steadier in your body. This technology is especially beneficial for the probiotics in this blend making it to your digestive tract where they are most important.
• Rooted in Ayurveda: All of the herbs found in the Ancient Probiotics line are based on the principles of Ayurvedic practice, which is the ancient Indian study of health and holistic wellness. The herbs found in this blend are the most prized in Ayurveda and have been thoroughly tested for quality and potency.
• Diverse Probiotic Strains: The highest potency of any probiotic Dr. Axe offers, this probiotic blend features 18 diverse strains and 100 billion CFUs.* It includes a beneficial yeast, an SBO (soil-based organism) and 16 other live strains.
Ingredients:• Triphala Fruit Extract: Triphala, meaning "three fruits" in Sanskrit, is a sacred superfruit trio traditionally prized for supporting digestion and its benefits for all 3 doshas. Amalaki (Amla) is traditionally used for supporting the body's immune system, Haritaki (Chebulic Myrobalan) is held high in Ayurveda and referred to as king-like, and Bibhitaki (Belleric myrobalan) is a potent herb traditionally used for its whole-body benefits.
• Turmeric Root Extract: One of the most sought-after spices in the wellness world, this turmeric extract is heralded for its benefits. Dr. Axe sources theirs from India.
• Ginger Root Extract: Considered a warming wellness spice, ginger extract is packed with antioxidants and therapeutic compounds like gingerol, shogaol, paradol and zingerone.
• Saccharomyces boulardii: This probiotic strain is the most abundant in the formula, but it's not bacteria. Saccharomyces boulardii is a form of beneficial yeast that, generally speaking, survives passage through stomach acid to deliver benefits to the intestinal tract.
Highlights:• 100 billion CFUs*
• 18 diverse probiotic strains
• Features botanicals rooted in Ayurveda traditionally used to support digestion
• Supports healthy digestive function and healthy elimination*
• Reduction of occasional diarrhea, constipation, gas and bloating*
• Healthy immune system function*
We work to ensure that product information is correct; however, brands may make changes to products from time to time, and actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our website. Please consult all labels, warnings, and directions prior to using or consuming products for the most accurate product information.
- Preservative Free
- Free of Artificial Colors/Flavors
Suggested Use: Adults take 2 capsules per day with 8 oz of water or your favorite beverage. Can be taken with or without food.
*At time of manufacture.
Caution: As with any dietary supplement, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, or otherwise under medical supervision. Do not use if product has been opened or tampered with in any way. Keep out of reach of children.
Contains no filler ingredients, artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place.
I just thought I would balance out a negative review I just read while looking for where I could do my review. Someone mentioned this not being good for diverticulitis, which I do have problems with as well, but these do not cause me any issues. I think it much more likely that person was eating an inflammatory, constipating diet etc that caused a flare up and they blamed this probiotic. Food for thought. ;) But all probiotics will take an adjustment period too - if you havent taken them regularly, give yourself time to reap benefits. Ive been using this for years- the formula has changed packaging (year or two ago?) but this was what Dr. Axes team directed me towards when I got confused about packaging, saying this was the most similar the previous formula I was using. I only take one per day but if I had a bout of diarrhea I would take more ( or take more of a cheaper probiotic just to stop diarrhea). But this one keeps me noticeably regular most of the time, at 1 per day, & I appreciate that. I have recently tried Dr. Mercola complete (and also womens complete) probiotics & after an initial couple weeks to adjust to some apparent differences in formulas (gas) I found that my gut was able to adjust to that formula as well. I think the difference is that Dr. mercola formula is in a capsule that doesnt dissolve as fast as gets the probiotics into the intestines more effectively. Something makes me want to come back to this one.. but I ended up buying both formulas & plan to alternate them. As a final note I do want to comment that Amazon delivery stated handed to a resident and no it was not handed to me! It was on my porch! Not cool to lie about that.
I love these probiotics however if you look at a specialty store near you, you can find it with better pricing than the special pricing offered by Amazon. I saved $8 a bottle at my local store and that was not a sale price just there normal price.
Out of all multivitamins Ive had these dont upset my stomach or overintoxicate me with vitamin B. My grandma got me started on taking this and Ive been taking them for 2 years now. Overall, standard process is a great company and makes this supplement as pure as it is.
Tastes good and works more effectively than other brands I've tried
All the gel capsules have completely melted together (likely due to overheating in a wearhouse somewhere). I am disappointed that I did not get to even try out the product.